[Most Recent Entries]
Sunday, January 8th, 2012
|Something something Steps (Hitchcock)
- The sum of five consecutive primes (3 + 5 + 7 + 11 + 13), and the sum of the first three powers of 3.
- The atomic number of yttrium
- The number of categories of activity prohibited on Shabbat according to Halakha
- The number of books in the Old Testament according to Protestant canon
- The age American comedian Jack Benny claimed to be for more than 40 years - I may steal this one!
- One of my favourite tracks from A Night At the Opera. (Apparently if the tracks on Queen's original studio albums are numbered in sequential order starting with their first, this track falls in the thirty-ninth position!)
- The number of signers to the United States Constitution, out of 55 members of the Philadelphia Convention delegates.
- The traditional number of times citizens of Ancient Rome hit their slaves when beating them, referred to as "Forty save one"
- The code for international direct-dialed phone calls to Italy
- Japanese Internet chat slang for "thank you" when written with numbers (3=san 9=kyu)
: A photo of me I don't hate! Taken at work. Dragon puppet is totally work related.